Wednesday, September 3, 2008

From the world of a first grader

So I've been thoroughly enjoying my experience in first grade these past two weeks. Hard to believe that a bunch of six year olds could make you laugh and want to scream in the same minute. But I'm really lucky to have such an amazing mentor teacher who works with me and helps me learn what I'm supposed to. I've been teaching a unit on self and community and we had a lesson on friends the other day. The kids make accordion style books and drew pictures of their friends in them. One of my cute little boys asked if he could put me and Mrs. Prisbrey in the book. This is the beautful illustration that followed:


Yes, it's true, I have a skullet! Isn't this hilarious? I loved it and needed to share it with you all. Besides that I just wanted to thank my Dad & Cathy for letting us come and visit this weekend. Thanks for entertaining us, we had a blast playing with you all!

5 comments:

Ryan and Steph Dudley said...

Ahaha! Who drew that? Please don't tell me it was your husband! HAHA! Just kidding! Cute Cute....

Megan said...

Robyn, you look good in a skullet! I never knew:) I am sure the kiddos just love you as their teacher...who wouldn't!

Brookie said...

How cute! I love seeing things through kid's eyes! I am glad to hear that everything is going well with student teaching! I love it too! -Brooke

Ryan & Amanda said...

Little kids are the greatest, I kinda miss my little ones! I bet you are such a wonderful teacher!

Cecily R said...

That skullet is hot, HOT on you!