Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Kassidy, me, and Whiter-the-pooh Christmas tree hunting.
Yeah, the tree's a little too big for our tiny apartment, but we love it!
Grandma Marchant and Kassidy at Beaver's light parade. Yeah, it was 5 floats long!
Me and my love at the light parade. Thanks for ruining the pic Kevin Smith!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? yes
2.WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? I didn't have my own car until college, so I shared the good old Windstar mini van with my mom, but we sure had some good times with the double sided doors and automatic closing buttons:)
3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? yup
4. WHERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? no way!
5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? You'd have to ask the boys that, but I don't think so.
6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? Acappella choir
7. WERE YOU A NERD? No, but I did well in school
8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? Can you say "Athletically Challenged"?
9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? No
10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? Um, I don't think I could even sing it in high school.
11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? Mrs. Dart and Carrie Christensen
12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? In the commons against the wall or in between the main doors.
13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME? Spanish Fork High School
14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS? Go Don! That's like a fancy zorro guy, and our colors were red and gray and every year at the opening assembly our principal would say that if you cut him he'd bleed red and gray.
15. DID YOU GO TO HOMECOMING AND WITH WHO? Yes, Braden Jex. Awesome night! We had a blast!
16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? No because I had a pretty great high school experience with no regrets. I'm afraid I'd screw something up if I went back, plus I love growing up and getting married and having my sweet baby! Looking back now I realize that life just keeps getting better and better.
17. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION? I was really nervous, I thought I would mess up my graduation speech or trip on my gown because I was the first one to walk and everyone was watching. And I was also afraid of telling the graduating class to move their tassle from the wrong side, lame huh?
18. WHERE DID YOU GO SENIOR SKIP DAY? Um, I pretty much just sluffed whenever I felt like it and used the excuse that I was doing 'council stuff' and Carrie would excuse it. I think I probably went somewhere with John, but I can't remember.
19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? Yeah, Fondu Freestylers, National Honors Society and some others that I never actually went to the meetings.
20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN? Um, hello...I've had a baby. You decide.
21. WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE? John Frampton both years.
22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR 10 YEAR REUNION? I think I might be burnt out from having to plan the 5 year reunion and I already call dibs on not having to do the 10 year. But maybe.
23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? Shopko...I lived there.
I tag Jenny, Christy, Janna, Kristin, Whit and Mel.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
1. I've never had a cavity in my life. And I still have two of my baby teeth. Weird huh? The adult teeth are up there, they just never had the guts to push the wee ones out. I guess it gives me something in common with my 1st graders!
2. I can fall asleep in the shower. I love to sit down in the tub and let the water run over me like a warm rain. Gross, don't picture it! But it's fun, I promise.
3. In the 4th grade I could out-type my computer teacher. I know for a fact that he wasn't just letting me win because we did a race with our blue buddies covering our hands (like a cloth so you can't peek at the keys), and I beat him by about 10 wpm. I was pretty pleased with myself, but what can you do with that?
4. Kevin got tagged too, so I'm writing one for him. Kevin hates breakfast, which wouldn't be weird, except for the fact that his mom cooked the Marchant clan hot breakfasts every day of the week and he would just look forward to Saturday when he could have cold cereal. Weird child! I had cereal every day and was sick of it!
5. I have a plethora of bizarre nicknames: Robine of the nine (dad), Old-Bird (weird guy in my old ward), Rob-dawg (HS friends), Robert (Kevin's nephews...hate this one by the way!), Robster Bobster, Bob (Cade Nielsen), Robby-Roo (mom), and Me-bird (myself at age 2). People have too much time on their hands. Robyn is easier to say than all of these!
6. I have two brother-in-laws closer to my age than my husband. Sometimes people think that I'm married to one of them because we are always hanging out with them. Awkward!
7. Kevin is going to be a pharmacist but refuses to take any form of medicine unless it is dire! He won't even take a tylenol for a headache, and he's had this nasty rash on his leg that he won't try anything on either. Figures! I guess that's a good quality in a pharmacist so I don't have to worry about him getting addicted or anything.
Thanks for the tag Kristin! This was fun and helped me procrastinate!
I tag Christy Clark, Steph Dudley, Nichole Hiatt, Jenny Morris, Megan Wyatt, Cecily (who's way too busy, I know), and Alyssa Smailes.
Monday, October 20, 2008
This is my sweet buddy Lainey. Isn't she cute?
Monday, October 13, 2008
Oh yeah, and Kassidy ran around the house in her birthday suit playing karate kid. I thought it was pretty cute, as long as she only does it when she's a baby!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
So Kass is picking up on the copy-cat stage of life that most little kids go through. It's amazing to watch her and see how much of what we do rubs off on her. I guess it's a little incentive to only do good things so she doesn't give our faults away by doing them in public! Today at church she did a couple of these copy cat acts. First, Kassidy took my chapstick and started writing on the chalkboard and talking like she was teaching a class. She picked this up from assisting Kevin in his study group he teaches twice a week at the University. Second, Kass has learned how to throw things in the garbage can, which is good when she throws away the right things. We always clap for her when she throws a piece of garbage away, so today at church Kev gives her a piece of Laffy Taffy (he hides treats in his suit and pulls them out to coax Kass to be his buddy, like she isn't already enamored with him) and tells her to throw the wrapper away. She does and then turns to us and starts clapping and yells, "Yay!" right in the middle of class. Everyone turned around and laughed. Kids, gotta love 'em! Today was also our last day in the 2nd ward since Kevin and I just got released and we no longer live in the ward boundaries. We both gave talks in sacrament today and were replaced in our callings, so we're free to go to our new ward. It's really quite sad and we'll miss all the wonderful people and Bishop Rees. See you around friends!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Yes, it's true, I have a skullet! Isn't this hilarious? I loved it and needed to share it with you all. Besides that I just wanted to thank my Dad & Cathy for letting us come and visit this weekend. Thanks for entertaining us, we had a blast playing with you all!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Kassidy loves to play the piano, and I'm amazed at how she already knows how to push all the buttons to change the songs and the voice of the piano. She's a regular little Mozart...I just wish we lived close enough for Grandma Shelly to teach her piano lessons in a few years!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Next we made our way to Garden City to play at Bear Lake for the weekend. We stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Bills' trailer (thanks!) and played at the beach Saturday. The weather was gorgeous and we all had a blast...even Karina, who for some reason didn't want to come and play with us (she's a teenager).