Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Embarrass mommy moment

I've just had one of those wonderful "embarrass mommy" moments at the post office with my 2 year old. I guess I was pushing it to head out so dangerously close to nap time, but I just had this last stop and figured we could wing in and out within 5 minutes and be on our way home for naps...wrong! Of course my first clue should have been when I walked in the post office and the line was out the door (sigh). Kassidy immediately stops walking and plants herself right in the doorway where people are trying to move in and out. I can't get her to budge. With my hands full of valentines and my purse, I am forced to squat and scoop the little stinker up in my arms. We move into line where Kassidy proceeds to start asking for one of the suckers we're mailing to family.

Me: "No, you can't have one of these. We're sending these to Jenny and Daniel. You can have one when we get home."

Kassidy: "NO!!! I want a tinkerbell sucker NOW!"

I'm starting to get awkward glances from people in the post office as I try to hush my child. Now we're getting a full blown 2 year old tantrum and I'm shutting down to keep from crying. My pregnancy hormones make it too easy to cry these days. I get a few 'I've been there, it's okay' looks from moms, but the post office is full of mostly older men and little thugs who are looking at me like they'd enjoy shoving a sock in my daughter's mouth.

Well, what an excursion, and to top it off, she falls asleep as soon as we get in the car to drive home. You just can't win some days, and it seems your kids enjoy embarrassing you too much. But I still love being a mommy :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Steph Dudley said...

Oh Robyn, motherhood is incredibly trying isn't it! Me and shell were talking about it the other day how nothing is as hard but nothing makes you as happy. Guess you can't have the ups without the downs right!