Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Santa Claus is comin' to town

The tree is up, the presents are wrapped, the house is decorated, and we are more than ready for Christmas to be here. We are ever so (NOT) patiently counting down the days until the 24th when we make our long drive out to Utah to enjoy the holidays with our families. Until then, I am attempting to find things to fill our long and car-less days while having a fun and festive time with the kids.

Daddy is MIA at school all day every day as he is taking exams for the next two weeks. He's a hard worker, sometimes getting up at 2 or 3 a.m. just to get a little more studying in! I don't know how he does it, and I'm glad it's him and not me :) Although, we really miss him being able to enjoy the festivities of pre-Christmas with us. Also, he takes the car to school, so we are pretty house-bound. Still, the days are ticking down and we'll soon be going home. We can't wait!!
I took Kassidy and Korbin to go see Santa at the mall last week with some friends. The set up was adorable, like a winter wonderland, and all Narnia themed. They had a huge dome with fake snow to play in. Fun and a mess! We were cleaning fake snow out of crevices all day. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let you take your own photos, and they wanted $20 for a 5x7 picture. Being a tightwad with no money, I had to pass. So standing in line is as close as we got to a picture :) Kassidy loved Santa and he was so sweet!


3 comments:

Matthew and Lindsey said...

right there with you Robyn :) One car. Home bound and counting down the days till Christmas. Awesome right?

Melanie said...

I Love Christmas Time! I am going to miss you guys this year! I wish we were coming home. Hope Kev's test go well and you make it safely to Utah! Merry Christmas.

Cammee said...

Hope we get to see your beautiful faces! How long is the drive? I'm coming out there in spring/summer for my friend's baby blessing. Trying to decide whether to drive or fly.