Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Much Thanks

I'm finally getting to post about our Thanksgiving vacation. Kevin's parents came out to spend four days with us and we showed them around town. I cooked my very own first Thanksgiving dinner and I think it turned out okay. Everything was edible and ready at the same time, so I'm considering it a success. Kassidy loved having her grandparents here and sleeping in her room, and they were good sports to put up with our serious lack of space. We also went to see A Christmas Carol in 3D Thanksgiving evening. It ended up not being a good movie to take little kids to, because it scared Kassidy pretty good and I had to take her out for a while.









Friday we took the Marchants along the coast for a tour of the bay area. We visited all the WWII cannons in the mountain side and went to the forts and made our way down to the beach. The weather was chilly, but cooperative! We drove across the Golden Gate Bridge and took a stroll down Pier 39, ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. We ended the evening with a visit to the Oakland temple. Unfortunately we missed the Christmas lighting by one night :(













Saturday we visited the Jelly Belly factory and did the tour. THe Marchant's came with us to Larry's to pick out our Christmas tree, and then they helped us decorate it. We're used to trucking up the mountain and cutting down a tree ourselves, so this was a different experience. But the tree is beautifully shaped and smells great, so it's a good compromise.



The Marchant's had to take off Sunday morning and Kassidy woke up one sad girl. She didn't believe me that they were gone and kept saying, "I go find them!" It was a great vacation and we were sad to see them go. Thanks for a fun time Marchant's!!

1 comment:

Ryan and Steph Dudley said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Don't you love it when the in laws come to visit - I know I do!Kassidy is growing up beautifully!