Thursday, March 31, 2011

Playing School

Kassidy is in a wonderful stage where she just soaks up information. She really wants to learn about everything and anything. Lately, she's been asking about letters and their sounds, so I decided (with a great example from a friend) to start teaching her at home. We do school 3-5 times a week, depending on the week. We only do about 30 minute lessons, because that's about all the attention I can keep from Kassidy, and we have to do them while baby brother is napping. It's been 6 weeks, we are on the letter F this week, and Kassidy is flourishing! She loves the one on one attention and I'm impressed with all she knows and how she retains so much information. I wish adult brains were the same way. I'm so proud of my almost-4 year old and her love of knowledge!
Here she is doing math as she sorts cereal during "C" week.
Learning to write the letter D.

No comments: