Monday, April 4, 2011

Eagle Scout

Last Sunday my cute cousin Blake and 6 other boys in our ward received their Eagle Scout awards. For those of you not familiar with the scouting world, this is the highest award you can receive as a scout. It means hours of work, projects and service and is quite the accomplishment. We were so glad we could be here to see Blake receive this award. It was a neat night, with my uncle Scott awarding each of the boys. He's been a huge part of helping Blake receive this award and is a big advocate of the scouting program.

I found this wonderful quote by President Ezra Taft Benson, former President of our church (1953-1961). I love it and wanted to share it:

"Give me a young man who has kept himself morally clean and has faithfully attended his Church meetings. Give me a young man who has magnified his priesthood and has earned his Duty to God Award and is an Eagle Scout. Give me a young man who is a seminary graduate and has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon. Give me such a young man and I will give you a young man who can perform miracles for the Lord in the mission field and throughout his life."



Way to go Blake!!

No comments: