Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dad's Day

I love having a special day dedicated to our fathers.  I have been blessed with a pretty great dad myself.  He and I have always had a special relationship.  We have a lot of the same interests.  He instilled in me a love of reading and drawing and music.  My dad is pretty creative and I love that about him!  He's a good man and loves his family very much.  Happy Father's Day Dad!  

I also have a pretty awesome father-in-law,  Bruce.  He's the ultimate dad who gives his kids 110%.  Kevin says he would always be present at his ball games and wrestling matches and everything he was performing at, and with 7 kids, that is quite impressive! Bruce loves to take his kids, and now his grandkids, up the mountains and camping and fishing.  He teaches each new generation about the beauty of the earth.  He's a good man too and I'm grateful that he raised his son to be the same.  Happy Father's Day Bruce!

Finally, the Dad that I love the most is my husband.  Kevin is the ultimate Dad and our kids are so lucky to have him!  I don't know that they realize just how much he loves them, and they probably won't until they're grown and have children of their own.  That's just how it goes.  Kevin always has time for his kids, even when he was busy doing school work he would take a break for his kids.  Kevin teaches by example and I see Korbin wanting to follow in every footstep his dad takes, which is fine by me.  Kevin also is good about taking the kids with him when he's working on something.  I know Kevin's said that's something he loved about his dad doing with him, so he's modeling it with our kids.  Korbin spent 3 days with his daddy building a fence for a neighbor, learning about tools and hard work.  They both loved it.  I love our kids daddy and I'm so grateful for him year round!  Happy Father's Day Kev!



I've started what I hope to be a tradition for a while. It's fun to look back at the kids growing up.


Happy Father's Day to all the dads, brothers, uncles, grandpa's, and men around the world :)



No comments: